of Disruptive Technologies
Are You Prepared?
Learn How to Manage Disruptive Change
Free Online Course
No Homework, Tests or Grades
The Relentless Advance of Technology
Technology will continue to get smarter, smaller, faster, more networked, and integrated into everything.
- Cloud computing, edge computing, artificial intelligence integrated chips, machine learning
- The Internet of things, augmented and virtual reality, virtual assistant, intelligent agents
- Voice recognition, facial recognition, 360-degree cameras, ambient intelligent computing
- Blockchain distributed ledger, high-capacity batteries, Quantum Computing, 5G Networking, and 6G networks are coming
- Smart domains, continuously listening, monitoring, and responding to our needs
New Paradigms are Forming
With a worldwide pandemic, lockdowns, and social distancing, many of us are working and learning from home. Shopping malls, gyms, aircraft and cruise ships, office buildings, hotels and classrooms are being impacted.
As consumers accelerate digital adoption, e-commerce infrastructures cannot be built fast enough. The interactions and combinations of demographic changes, disruptive technologies, and the worldwide pandemic are replacing business as usual with fundamentally different practices, products, services, value propositions, and operating models.
The only sure thing - It will be different.
Confronting the Reality of Disruptive Change
The Status Quo Is an Illusion, Not Sustainable. In our paradoxical world, organizations resist change with a powerful bias for the status quo. Many of us prefer consistency, keeping everything the same, a preference for the current, and sticking with decisions made previously. The status quo is frequently used as a reference point for decision-making.
Becoming an Adaptive Organization is about:
- Adaptive Leadership & Followers
- Confronting Reality – The Status Quo Is an Illusion, Not Sustainable
- Creating a Team-based Business Model
- Experimenting, Prototyping, Learning and Discovering the Future
- Investing in Technology and Talent
- Building a culture capable of adjusting to a constantly changing world
- Winning the Competitive Battle – Not Becoming Obsolete
Becoming an Adaptive Organization is not:
- Traditional Change Management
- Prescriptive, Steps, Stages and Phases
How to manage Disruptive change
The Book is about concepts, ideas, and guidelines for rethinking the traditional business models, creating an adaptive vision of technology and talent where the focus is on the future results from today’s decisions. It is about people exploring, learning, creating, innovating, and problem-solving in an environment of disruptive change.
You cannot plan for an unknowable future; disruptive change has undermined conventional strategic planning effectiveness. Our Book is about survival in a world where planning involves progressive realization, the concept that knowledge, understanding, and perspectives are transient over time.
Today, adaptive organizations create team-based business models designed to experiment, prototype, learn, and discover the future.
The Book describes why adaptive leadership, vision, digital transformation, and winning the talent war are strategic imperatives – demanding attention, understanding, and action.
Who Should Read This Book?
• Board of Directors/Trustees/Leadership
• Employees and Staff
• University/Healthcare Administrators
• Business Partners and Suppliers
• Government Regulators
• Financial Manager/Advisors
• Media Writers/Broadcasters
Lesson 1 - What You Will Learn
- Learn that Disruptive Change is a multifaceted ongoing process, not an event.
- Learn How to Confront the Reality of Disruptive Change - That the status quo is an illusion, not sustainable
- Learn that change is not optional, and innovation not voluntary
- Learn that the Forces of Digital Disruption are redefining Conventional Assumptions
Bringing New Problems to Solve
Business, Healthcare, Education, Investors, Government, and Individuals
- Learn to embrace change and Create an Adaptive Culture
- Understand the Power of a Shared Strategic Vision
- Learn how to create a Project Management Based Culture
Team-based Organizational StructuresExperiment, Prototype, and Discover the Future with the wisdom of teams and diversity of minds
- Learn to Invest in Intangible Assets
Technology and Talent
Understand the Accounting Dilemma
- Learn How to Win the Talent War
Hire and Promote, Problem Solvers and Change Agents - Curious/Energetic/Creative/Future-Oriented/Thinks Big/Speaks Up/Takes Risks/Comfortable with Conflict
A Tolerance for Ambiguity and Uncertainty/Inventive/Bold Insightful Thinker/Values Results over Perfection
- Learn that Digital Transformation
Cannot be delegated, it must be led - Adaptive Leadership
- Learn about cloud computing-based Virtual Organizations
- Understand and manage cybersecurity challenges
- Learn that the Fifth-Generation Wireless Networks
Will Transform Communications Manage Disruptive Change - Online Course and Textbook